Spirulina Peanut Butter Cups
ga('create', 'UA-74724045-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');
This is one of my husband’s all time favorite. These Spirulina Peanut Butter Cups are really rich, very close to the Reese’s original taste (for what I can remember) and almost guilt free. They are gluten free, sugar free and completely vegan!
- 1 cup (200 grams) 70% dark chocolate squares or carob chocolate chip
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (or almond butter or any nut butter) at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Stevia to taste
- 1 Tbsp spirulina
- Melt the chocolate with 2 Tbsp of coconut oil. You can use a double boiler, but often I’m too lazy and just put the chocolate to melt directly on the stove. Just make sure to stir constantly (heat on medium) to prevent the chocolate to burn. Remove from the heat when the chocolate is completely melted and the oil nicely incorporated.
- Add the spirulina.
- Add stevia to taste.
- Set about 8-10 cupcake liners.
- With a spoon, place a little melted chocolate in each liner. If it becomes too hard, warm it up a little, making sure to stir to avoid burning (if you use the double boiler you won’t have to do this).
- Place in the freezer for about 5 minutes to set.
- Add a small scoop of peanut butter in the center and gently flatten with the spoon.
- Add some more melted chocolate to cover the top.
- Place in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Keep in the refrigerator.
I like to take them out a few minutes before eating to let them thaw out a little.